Caring Starts with Member-Centered Care
Who’s on my care team?
- You, the member!
- Your Care Manager and your Registered Nurse (RN) are your main contacts and the primary managers of your care plan
- Your Nurse Practitioner provides medical expertise to your Care Manager and Registered Nurse
- My Choice Wisconsin subject-matter experts are here to help when needed
Case Aids assist your team by helping coordinate services and appointments. Members also have access to a Registered Nurse via phone 24-hours a day.
I’m a new member. What happens after I enroll with My Choice Wisconsin?
- New Member Welcome Packet – your informational packet and member ID card will arrive in the mail
- Welcome call – your care team will call you within the first three days of your enrollment date to introduce themselves and welcome you to the program
- Home visit – your care team will set up a home visit within 10 calendar days of your enrollment date. We like to visit you at home to:
- Get to know you
- Share information about the program
- Make sure you’re living in a safe and healthy home
- Talk about the care planning process
What does my care team help me with?
- Creating and updating your care plan and making changes when needed
- Determining health and long-term care goals
- Coordinating your services and healthcare appointments
- Functional and financial eligibility for the program
- Self-directing your services
- Employment in your community
Get More From Partnership
Partnership helps members manage health, medical, and long-term care needs.See County List
Access member resources for the Partnership program.Find Program Info
My Choice Wisconsin promotes member independence through Self-Directed Supports.Learn More